Interested in Joining The Pickleball Club?
Working at The Pickleball Club can be an exciting and rewarding experience for those who are passionate about the sport. You’ll be surrounded by like-minded individuals who are working together to promote and grow pickleball. With opportunities for personal and professional growth, a flexible schedule, a strong sense of community, working at The Pickleball Club can be very fullfilling.
If you have a passion for pickleball, then joining The Pickleball Club can be a dream job. You’ll have the opportunity to work in an environment where you’re surrounded by people who share your love for the game. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to improve your own skills as you play and interact with others.
The Pickleball Club offers opportunities for growth and advancement within the organization. You may have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities, learn new skills, and grow with us. This can be particularly appealing if you’re looking for a long-term career with room for advancement.
The Pickleball Club has flexible schedules, which can be particularly appealing if you’re looking for a job that allows you to balance work and personal life. You may be able to choose from a variety of shifts.
At The Pickleball Club, we offer competitive salary and benefits package. This can include health insurance, retirement plans, and other perks that can make the job even more appealing.
$85,000 - $125,000/year
Full Job Description
Our General Manager has primary responsibility for the leadership & management of a staff of 30 full time and part-time personnel. The parent company (“The Pickleball Club”) owns all its subsidiary clubs. The Pickleball Club is a “Members Only”, privately-owned, for-profit sports activity club fulfilling the niche for indoor pickleball and the growing interest in club membership. Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in America today with over 5 million players. The industry grew 40% during the pandemic and is expected to continue this growth in the foreseeable future. The first club in Lakewood Ranch, Florida opened in May 2023 and the second club is scheduled to open in February 2024 in Port St Lucie, Florida. The Pickleball Club has 5 additional clubs in Florida currently under development with plans to build 15 clubs in the next 5 years.
The General Manager is responsible for the successful operation and financial accountability of the club and all departments in the club. You will be required to demonstrate leadership, revenue achievement, and expense management. The General Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer of the parent corporation. The General Manager is expected to plan, execute, and implement overall company strategy. The General Manager is expected to build a strong management team capable of autonomous operation by creating a professional and positive environment by leveraging their strong business acumen, member satisfaction initiatives, and by developing high-performing department managers.
The Pickleball Club is unique, in that it is among only 10% of the clubs in the United Sates, which are privately owned, and the only private club dedicated to pickleball. No member board to report to, no rotating member management. Policies and procedures are uniformly enforced, and the General Manager is given much autonomy to run the club within our Company guidelines.
Corporate staff is in place to assist in the areas of training, marketing, human resources, accounting, and membership.
- Provides strong leadership, direction, and support to staff.
- Recruits, develops, trains, manages, and leads an energized management team
- Delivers an exceptional member experience through their leadership, management, programs, and their presence and interpersonal skills with club members.
- Achieve and maintain membership goals
- Build and maintain a world-class event and instructional programs
- Operate the club’s Pickles Café and Dinks Pro Shop, achieving high member satisfaction and meeting performance goals
- Oversees accounting, reporting and control functions.
- Adherence to company policies and procedures
- Operate the club’s facility in a safe, clean, and healthy environment.
- Assists in the preparation of club budgets, ensuring the club operates within budgetary parameters.
- Achieves company goals, objectives, and timelines
- Regularly communicates with the COO and corporate staff as needed.
What you’re all about:
- You are a result driven business leader with the ability to inspire and influence others to achieve measurable results.
- You have a minimum of two years of experience as a General Manager of a club that operates multiple profit center departments
- Preference given to those with tennis, pickleball, bocce ball, youth programs, special events, programming, leagues, and tournaments.
- Ideally, you have been working in the club industry for a minimum of 5 years and have demonstrated a progressive career path through club management positions including sales.
- Must have excellent leadership/management skills and experience in achieving results through others.
- Demonstrated success in revenue achievement and expense management. Provide ability in budget development and financial analysis.
- Highly developed team-building skills with the ability to work effectively with all layers of management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High standards in ethics, service, and image.
- High degree of self- organization, discipline, and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- High level of computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and program instruction and events
- Open to completing CPR certification required within 30 days of employment.
- Prior responsibility in daily P&L management and budget oversight responsibility of $2MM or greater
- Proven experience in organizing, booking, and operating sports tournaments and events.
- Operational knowledge of F&B, entertainment, and sport clubs as well as parties, corporate events, and team building preferred
- Experience working with convention & visitor bureaus, regional sports commissions, and/or regional event management booking in a regional sport and/or convention center
- A minimum of 7 years of management experience
- Operational knowledge of risk management, kitchen, entertainment, and sports clubs, as well as parties, corporate events, teambuilding, and leadership development
- Sports programming and sports event operations expertise
- Bachelor's degree in business management, sports management, marketing, hospitality, food & beverage, and/or related fields or equivalent experience
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- This is not a 9:00 am – 5:00 pm job 5 days a week. This is a hands-on job that requires a highly motivated individual that enjoys challenge and is a topflight performer
- You will be required to sit from time to time to operating a computer most time is spent in the club working with staff.
- The Club has installed acoustical panels and music to minimize the sound of pickleball play, there is constant play on the courts throughout the day and night.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds waist high
$85,000 - $125,000 Base salary + bonus opportunity and phantom stock options. Based on experience, qualifications, and your club's success.
- 100% of employee medical premiums. Family may join at Employee cost
- 20 days PTO/annum
- FREE Club Usage
We offer dynamic opportunities for our employees to develop their careers in a collaborative and empowering environment. Our culture encourages managers to be coaches, celebrates results through teamwork, and promotes innovative behaviors that contribute to a strong and dynamic environment. This allows us to live our mission of delivering the best for and through our employees, our members, and our community.
Dedicated to improving lives, health, and longevity through the game of pickleball.
Our professional and welcoming team is committed to exceeding our members’ expectations.
by making a difference every day in their life and that of their community.